Monday, May 02, 2005

Cranky Today
.
Yeah. It's Monday. All the little shit from this weekend just exploded in me this morning. I'm very proud of myself for not screaming at anybody. The thing that's really getting to me is my hair. And it actually started a month ago when I was photographing the demolition of an old house. I was standing on the sidewalk, chatting with a neighbor and waiting for the backhoe to take out the last remnant of the house...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I caught this perfect shot...

And I did it while ignoring a neighbor who kept saying, "Mm! There's something about red hair."
I guess he figured I didn't hear him the first time. Or the second, third, fourth, etc. times, either.
Yes. There is something about red hair. It makes people forget their manners.

That was a month ago, and it still irks me a bit when I think about it.
On Saturday, I went down to 7-11 to fetch snacky treats for my family. The weekend manager decided to comment on my hair. He always comments on my hair, and I always forget that he exists the second I leave the store. This weekend, I bought a hot dog for my hubby; and Mr. Manager said to his employee, "Don't sell her a hot dog, it'll turn her hair red. Oops, too late! I guess she likes hot dogs."
Which I ignored. I don't pay attention to jackasses. And when I was paying for my purchases, he started singing. I am not kidding you. He sang, "I'd rather be dead... than red on the head..."
Bastard.
His employee had the decency to blush, and I spared her a moment's pity for having to work with this jerk.
Oh, did I mention that he was staring at my chest while he was singing? I guess he liked the buttons on my Cardinal's baseball jersey, that being what I was wearing.

So here are a few points of etiquette, for those few feeble minded sexist bigots who can actually operate a computer. You know who you are. You're the ones who found this blog whilst looking for redhead p0rhn...

1. It is not proper etiquette to tell a minority that you would rather be dead than a minority.

2. It is not proper etiquette to deride a customer.

3. It is not proper etiquette to stare.

4. Proper etiquette means treating a person like a person, until they prove otherwise. Like, say, opening their mouths and singing stupid songs.

2 comments:

Optima said...

What a jackass!! How old is this "manager" anyway?? If I were you, I would be writing the corporation. If this jerk did this to you, what is he doing to obese, black or asians?? What is he doing to his employees??
People like that make me sick!

Great picture, BTW, now it is just a great big hole in the ground.

jayde said...

ahhhhhhhh yes the ever popular jackass.......oh well....you can ignore it or you can complain about it.....

but honestly darlin.....there IS something about a redhead..lol