Sunday, May 01, 2005

Can A Cat Look Like His Feelings Are Hurt?
.
Because my cat just gave me that look. I grinding some comfrey leaf, chanting away happily, when this paw came out of nowhere and patted my arm. I looked over, and it was Hunter. He came and sat down in front of me and watched me work. He cocked his head to one side and invested a lot of energy in looking cute, as I ground the leaves. But when I poured the comfrey into the oil, he looked horrified. I mean really horrified. His little kitty jaw dropped. Then he looked from the bag of leaves, to the jar of oil, back to the leaves, and right in my eyes.

I reached into the bag to get more leaves to grind. Hunter twitched his tail. He shifted restlessly as I ground and chanted. Then I did the horrible thing again. I poured grean leafy stuff into a container he couldn't get into. Again, he looked horrified. I was filled with a sense of wastefulness.

WTH?

I'm sure you figured it out by now, but I had been clueless. Yes. He thought it was catnip. And he was horrified at the waste of pouring his catnip into a bunch of oil.

As soon as I understood his upset, I fetched his bag of organic catnip.

1 comment:

Optima said...

LMAO....Hunter cracks me up! I swear he is half human.