Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A Really Big Job
.
I have laundry issues. I can't seem to throw out old clothes. I have t-shirts from 1988. I have a pair of shorts from 1986, for gods sake! I'm not 16 anymore, do I really need a pair of shorts with tropical fish on them? Heck no! So today I'm tackling my clothing. Every stitch of fabric in the house is going into the massage room, and I'm going to sort it. I may even post embarrassing pictures when I'm done. You know, just to remind myself that clothing can get out of control.

If you'd like to help, you can leave supportive comments. You know, tell me that there is no armageddon, so I don't need a stash of emergency clothes.

4 comments:

Redhead said...

Oh ho, I remember my own epiphany a couple of years ago. I have a big walk-in closet and no real reason to make space, BUT I had gained weight over several years and huge amount of the clothes no longer fit. Then I was in a (psych) hospital where the pts. wear street clothes, and hubby had to bring me clean ones--you can imagine. Everything he brought me didn't fit, and how do you describe one or two prs. of jeans out of dozens? When I got home I cleaned house..the criteria being, does it fit, and would I wear it?
Lots of empty hangers now....

achromic said...

I've been having to do that since I lost so much wieght. My small house just couldn't possible contane so many cloths. I gave and gave and gave them away. Some to goodwill, more to the Sal. (mostly cuz it's close and I'm lazy). And the best stuff or forgotten about until found stuff to friends! It felt great!

achromic said...

I've been having to do that since I lost so much wieght. My small house just couldn't possible contane so many cloths. I gave and gave and gave them away. Some to goodwill, more to the Sal. (mostly cuz it's close and I'm lazy). And the best stuff or forgotten about until found stuff to friends! It felt great!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! And when you do, you will feel so much better, I know it. I always feel good when I clean out a closet or the garage. Lighter! More free!