Sunday, February 27, 2005

New Link
.
I added a link to amnesty international's diamond page. I hope it doesn't freak out my readers and have newly-engaged women run screaming from my page. There's only a 20% chance that your diamond is connected with terrorism or death. You shouldn't stop wearing it; you should pressure your jeweler to buy ethically. If blood diamond stories really move you, you could write your congressman or representative. Or you could find a good gemologist and have them identify the geographic locality of a diamond you want to buy.

I'm not anti-diamond. I'm anti-greed. Whenever a thing is disproportionately valued, people die. Ok, that's my rant.

1 comment:

Optima said...

I lov eyour rants! and I am very happy that you posted that link!
People should know about the diamonds and many have no idea!