Thursday, February 17, 2005

Fate Is Funny That Way
.
So I started moving laundry, and the phone rang. It was my friend and former boss from The Mudd Room. (best job ever)
She started a new job a week or so ago, and yesterday somebody quit. They just walked out without telling anyone. Up and left, with customers wondering where their waitress had gone to. I went in, filled out the requisite paperwork, and learned my duties. Today I'm on my own. Well, mostly. The bartender is coming in early to help me get started, and my former boss is doing the official training on Friday. Yesterday there were about 40 tickets during the 2 hour lunch rush. I can so handle this. :)

I talked with the owner about my arthritis, and how it limits me. I made it clear that I would not work weekends or nights under any circumstances. He was totally understanding.

I'm packing a goody basket fo myself. I'm bringing migraine miracle for injuries, comfrey oil for my knees, and shea butter for my hands. (bleach water is harsh)

Looks like the laundry will have to wait until this weekend. And thank you for all the comments. The job will get done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations!!! A job with tips!!! ;)