Friday, September 19, 2003

I think the actions of our current president are bad enough, without making shit up to add to it. Why do people do that? It only serves to cast doubt on the true stuff. I recieved "George W. Bush's resume" in my e-mail today, and now I'm going to pick it apart and try to separate the truth from the fiction. (because I don't wanna clean the house today, and this is a great way to waste 3 hours) Please bitch about the sad state of our country, but do it intelligently! Speak your mind, don't copy blindly someone elses!

I have edited the e-mail, cutting out the irrelevant "proof" that someone made up. I've also removed those annoying little forwarding arrows. All italics are my comments.




Subject:
George W. Bush resume
From:
Don't ya just love forwarded messages? I know I do.


Dear friends:

If I sent this to you and you're a Bush supporter, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you're a Bush supporter. But you can't argue the facts below. Yeah? Watch me move!I hope you don't let this letter end our friendship, but instead it will lead to interesting discussions.



GEORGE W. BUSH RESUME
The White House, USA
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:


I attacked and took over two countries. Well, sort of. Neither Afghanistan nor Iraq are governed by the U.S.

I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the Treasury. We are not bankrupt. We are not even (with adjusted figures) as deeply in debt as we were before World War 2

I shattered the record for biggest annual deficit in history. The Congressional Budget Office forecast a federal budget deficit of $480 billion in 2004, a record shortfall

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period. bankruptcyaction.com agrees with this statement. An interesting note: business bankruptcies are down 6.9%, and have been falling since 1999.

I set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market. Untrue! First, you have to define which stock market. Let's assume we're only discussing the workings of Wall Street. This considerably narrows the field. So...in 1929, the stock market lost 12.9% of it's value in one day. This does not include the selling off of the previous business day, which bumps the loss to 22.2%. In 1987 it lost 22.6%, losing 508 points and breaking the record. In 2000, the market lost 504 points in one day, which doen't beat the loss in '87. And the percentage loss was a measly 4% However, the total, continual losses over the months is almost 50%, so that may break a record somewhere. After all 30+ months of loss is a really big deal.

I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner. I think that's right. Not that he gave the injection personally, mind you.

I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record. Somehow I just kinda doubt this one, but I found nothing to refute it.

In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history. Yep. Lazy assed bum.

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history. Yep.

I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history. I think so.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job. True. The official number of unemployed is 8.9 million. 137.6 million people have jobs.

The list goes on and on, and I've gotten bored with looking things up. You've probably read it all before anyway. One small note, however. The e-mail ended with an "IQ report" saying Bush had an IQ of 91. I have never thought our president stupid. Dyslexic, yes. Below average IQ, no. I can see the intelligence glittering in his beady little eyeballs, and it scares me. Someone dumb might have a little innocence, maybe a little faith in others. It takes a smart person to be as self-serving as he is.

No comments: