Wednesday, September 03, 2003

5 things about me

I appear to have injured myself.
I have a massage to give today.
My wrist is swollen.
I think my new bruise is very pretty.
I have a fat cat.


See, this is why I've never attempted the "100 things about me" blog entry.
Last night, I reached out to caress Hubby-Man, and when I dropped my arm, my wrist hit the back of the dining chair. I hit my wrist right on that nifty cluster of veins. I put ice on it, then wandered around the house looking for the ibuprofen. I'm sure I looked pretty funny with my wrist pressing the ice pack into my chest; that being the only way I could use my other hand. I couldn't find any ibuprofen. It's odd how the thing you want most is never there. I bet I'll find it tomorrow sitting out in the open, right where I looked a dozen times already. That's usually how it works for me.
I finally settled on aspirin as my blood-thinner of choice. I kind of had to, since ibuprofen, aspirin and tylenol are the only pain meds in the house. well, ok, that's not true. We also have percoset, valium, ultracet and naprosyn. But I was looking for an anti-inflammitory, and the naprosyn belongs to Amy so I couldn't take that.
I took 3 aspirin, at my sister's recommendation, and promptly got a tummy ache. I rarely take pills, and when I do, it's the minimum dose I need to do the job. High fever = 1 aspirin, arthritis = 1 or 2 ibuprofen. That's it. I think it's kind of funny that we have all these pain meds in the house and I'll choose over the counter stuff. Aren't pain meds there for pain? Heh. Not for me! I don't want to feel loopy or woozy or so drugged up that I can't move. I have control issues.

No comments: