Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wool
.
Let me tell you about wool. Lovely, lovely wool. I finally bought a skein of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool to play with. I got it home and began knitting up a test swatch. It's soft and springy and knits so much easier than acrylic yarn. Just casting on was a pleasure. Then my cat came along. Hunter is a sniffer. He has to sniff every single thing that comes into the house. He sniffed the yarn trailing from my needle, then he sniffed all along the needle, then he sniffed the yarn going into the skein. He was lovin' the sniffin', I tell ya! When he got to the skein itself, he buried his kitty face in the yarn. Then he bit it and tried to run away with my brand new wool. I swear he was thinking, "Yeah, this here is MINE."

I cried out, "Hey!" and he dropped the skein and took off. I'm a good cat mommy. I knit him up a mouse and let him go to town. His sister came up, sniffed the mouse, and stole it fom him. Hilarity ensued.
When I'm not knitting the new wool, it stays in a ziploc bag. I hope that keeps the kitties out of it.

No comments: