Thursday, October 20, 2005

Homecoming
.
Eep. L has a date for the homecoming dance. She said yes. It's his first date ever.

Homecoming dinner and dance- $40
Long stem rose- $3
Gas- $12

Your son on a first date- SPEECHLESS.

*edit*
Ok, it's not a date, date. It's more of a date-like thing. L has been friends with this girl since she was in kindergarden. Just recently he realized that not only is she his friend, but she's an attractive female too. Bonus!
So here's someone he already knows he gets along with, someone he can have fun with, someone his own height... a perfect choice for his first school dance.
Will they dance? I doubt it. It's more likely that they will sit at a table with his classmates, eat a lot of buffet food, and go home.
Her dad would like to come along as a chaperone. I think that's a great idea. I haven't been able to reach anyone at the school to ask if it's ok, but I can't imagine it being a problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww!!! His first kinda date!!!

Would you want one of your parents chaperoning your first dance? I'm just wondering if L is okay with it. As cool as *I* think his parents are, he IS a teenager...LOL