Sunday, October 30, 2005

Talk About Last Minute...
.
Friday 2:50 pm CDT, my son says, "Um... Halloween is Monday. I don't have a costume."
"Right, we talked about this. " I'm thinking but not saying. "It was part of a discussion about finances, age, and a lack of viable trick or treating areas."

My son continued, "I was thinking of re-using some costume parts and going as Malcolm Reynolds."

So. The Gambit coat still mostly fits, because we gave it extra room for the body armour to fit underneath. The sleeves are several inches too short, but I have leftover fabric to sew on some "cuffs" to compensate. I believe this is why people trick-or-treat after dark. Costume flaws don't show up much.
We've scavanged up a shirt that just might work. I'm scanning the internet for close-ups of Mal's coat collar, because it's a lot smaller than Gambit's collar. Thank the gods we still have the holster from last years Han Solo Costume. We have a few toy guns; and if I get time, I'll make a few grenades or a bandolier or something. That way, if people ask "Who's Malcolm Reynolds?" L can answer a character from the movie Serenity... He's heavily armed... gimmie candy.
LOL.

No comments: