Monday, May 24, 2004

Sometimes
After ranting (see below), I read some of the blogs on my list (see sidebar). There's a blog that's not on my list; that I reach through another blog. On request, I did a reading for this anonymous blogger. Now here's the sucky part...
Sometimes you get the perfect answer in a reading. Sometimes it works out like a fairy tale. I hate telling people a fairy tale. Even when I know it's going to come true, I feel like I'm blowing smoke up his or her ass. I feel like a cheesy $3.99 a minute psychic, you know -the ones who tell you what they think you want to hear. Here are the worst things I've ever had to say in a reading:
Your father is not dying. He will live on for another 4 years. (talking about a man with cancer and chronic pain)
and
You will get pregnant, and you will have an out-of-the-blue opportunity to adopt a baby; before you actually have a child from your own body. (to an infertile)

I hate telling people that they will have to wait, and suffer and struggle, but in the end they get the fairy tale. The future is so fluid, anything could happen. Life rarely gives one the best possible outcome. Struggle grows our souls and brings us together. Which is why my favorite quote is:
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in it's hands. We seek problems because we need their gifts." -Richard Bach

No comments: