Thursday, May 06, 2004

The Good Thing About Getting Up Early

I got to see the beginning of the sunrise, and I got to see my son actually hurry for once. You see, I have the hall clock set 10 minutes fast. So when the clock read 5:35, he grabbed his bookbag and was out the door before I'd even gotten my jacket on. I knew we had plenty of time, but he had forgotten the clock was fast. He was determined to be on time for this field trip. His class is reading Tom Sawyer, and today they're going to Hannibal, Mo. I went there when I was about his age, and I loved it. The town is absolutely beautiful, and the views of the river are spectacular. There was virtually no traffic. The sky was beautiful.

And now for the sucky parts. I had to get up at 5 in the morning! I didn't fall asleep 'til almost 2 because the hubby man was restless. I love him, but sometimes I hate his body for keeping me awake. Anyway... Last night, we couldn't find the shirt L wanted to wear. I knew it was clean. I remembered washing it and handing it to him, and he hadn't worn it yet, so I knew it was clean. We just couldn't find it. So I washed his other favorite shirts while he slept. This morning, he tells me that the shirts I'd picked were too big, or otherwise unsuitable. (sigh) So I dug under his bed and pulled out the clean, but wrinkled black t-shirt with a white dragon on it. That was the shirt he'd wanted to wear. I bought it at the Pagan Picnic last June from a local artist.

We had to be at the school by 5:45 so the class could attend mass before the trip. That's just not right. I get to pick him up at 6:30, or whenever the bus arrives afterward. Looks like I'll be taping Survivor.

I'm going back to bed.

No comments: