Wednesday, May 12, 2004

My cat is a freak

When I order shea butter, it comes in a big ziploc type bag. I transfer it to glass containers in order to infuse it with comfrey. So today, I dropped a little flake of shea while measuring it. The cat rushed up and licked the floor clean where it had fallen. Now, I know shea is edible and all; but I never thought a cat would want to eat it.

By the way, if you decide to grow comfrey yourself, dry the leaves in a closet or something. Cats love the leaves, and they will eat your entire stash. One advantage to growing prickly comfrey (comfrey uplandicum) is the neighborhood cats won't eat it while it's growing. Of course, it grows so fast, that a little nibble here and there won't make much of a difference.

*shameless plug time*
For those of you who are interested, I have eight 4 oz tubs of pure shea butter ready to go. The price is $5.

No comments: