Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Wednesday

This morning, Hubby said, "I'm done with smoking. And I'm quitting Pepsi, too." I refrained from asking, "Who are you, and what have you done with my Hubby?"
NPR mentioned that people are still getting married in San Francisco. It reminded me of Badger's comment that her friends flew to San Francisco to get married. My thoughts went through the history of people standing up for their rights, and I was moved. I'm always moved when I think about such things.
There is no reason to be threatened by someone elses partnership. There is every reason to stand up and ask for equal rights for everyone. Not "seperate but equal", just plain equal. Heterosexuals need to stand up for the rights of all adults to marry.
And finally, St. Louis has registered 32,000 new voters since July.

No comments: