Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Late night, odd-word netsurfing

Start with a word, say Submariner. It gets 60,300 Google hits.
Now add a new word, perhaps Tarantula. Google has 53 referents to submariner tartantula.
I now know a new thing. There was a submarine named the USS Tarantula, it was decommissioned twice.

Still have energy to burn? Then modify your Google request. How about tarantula tentacles? 828 pages, not bad. Most of them talk about a giant jellyfish, the Portugese Man-O-War. So now I send to google jellyfish buttons. Yes, someone out there does make them. Weird. That led to a lot of SpongeBob pages, I should have known better.

26 sites of things to do with "button bottoms", none of them kinky.

When you run out of odd words to link together, try misspelling something, and see how many others goofed too.
87 people make reference to a "dressing grown" -that thing you wear over your pj's.
2300 people think small sparkly bits are gliter.
And I just had to share this one "We will consider whether data set selection is implemented via chemical
stimulation of the neurons, possibly in the hippycampus. ..."
Really? I don't think my body has a hippycampus... I never did acid.
'night all.

No comments: