Saturday, August 02, 2003

And now for something completely different

I'm actually going to post something pagany!

A simple pre-ritual cleansing. When prepping for a ritual, most people I know use scented bath salts or smudge with sage. I prefer to grab a coffee filter and fill it with a tablespoon or two of basil, a pinch of ginger and a few twists of fresh ground pepper. I tie all this up with cotton embroidery thread and basically make tea. Then I soak in the water for a few minutes, clearing my mind. I take the sachet of herbs that's been steeping in a coffee cup, pour the water (tea) in the tub, then press the sachet against my forehead. I draw the sachet down my nose and exhale. I draw it down each arm, press it against my palm and release whatever I've been holding. I do the same with my legs. I draw little patterns, usually spirals, wherever I need to really focus my attention. Spirals starting in the center and working out counter clockwise will scatter bound-up energy. Spirals starting at the edge and working inward focus energy. When you reach the center, if you pull the baggie of herbs away slowly, you'll pull any "crap" out with it.

I use basil for purification, ginger for revitalization and pepper 'cause I like it.

No comments: