Saturday, August 02, 2003

I'm having a blast playing DandD. Up 'til recently I haven't really played since L was born. There is so much I've forgotten!
When I was teaching L how to play, I gave him examples from my own experiences and told him about my most successful characters. Yeah. Smooth move, ex-lax! He wanted to jump right in and go through the same kinds of stuff... at !st level.
(sigh) It doesn't work that way, of course.

I also told him some stories about the evil things my DM had done to my characters, and included how my druid character got a bunch of staves that were pretty much useless to her. One of the staves would transform into a tree (and back again) when the proper command word was spoken. Since my druid could grow trees pretty much at will, I only used it for shade while I was eating lunch and such. L came up with a billion uses for it. Like leaning it against a wall and uttering the command word. Poof! No more wall, the tree would grow right through it and knock it down. Or pointing it at an onrushing horde of beasties and stabbing them all with branches, etc. Ye Gods, he wanted that staff sooooo badly.

Muahahahaha

So I sent him and several others on an adventure to retrieve a black staff... from an island...that was owned by a powerful druid... heh heh heh. He had his suspicions, then they passed a pool with a blue staff in the middle of it. The blue staff appeared to be producing all the water for the island. Then he knew who this druid was and that she had 10 knifty staves altogether, but his character didn't!
-pardon me while I laugh long and loud-
Ha haha haha ha ha!
ok. As it turn out, his character ran right past the tree staff, and didn't even notice it.
I'm so cruel to my son.
He told me later, "Oh! That was evil! That was mean! That was smart! He got a really big kick out of it.
Now it's hubby's turn to torture me. :( I'm playing with the group, and He's the one being the DM. It's lots of fun. I'm playing a cleric, because he's running us through the original Raven'sLoft module, and they need a cleric to help then fight the vampire at the end. I spent today blessing everthing in sight and driving the two evil characters up a wall.

Muahaha

No comments: