Sunday, May 04, 2003

There is a tremendous thunderstorm outside right now. It sounds like the Gods are moving furniture across a hardwood floor.
I love it!
I think the storm might give me the energy I need to finish the ridiculous task I've set myself. You would think, with the abundance of Catholic schools in St. Louis, someone would offer some navy blue school shorts, right? Yeah. Walmart carries school shorts in every color except blue. Their blue ones have cargo pockets. Target doesn't carry school uniforms anymore, and Value City only offers them in the fall. JC Penney? Old Navy? Famous Barr? All were a bust.
Last year, I finally spent $50 on official school shorts from Catholic Supply. I bought 2 pair.
I have a 12 year old boy. I never know what size he'll be at the end of the year. I can't waste money on clothes that don't fit, even if I could find them. (sigh) The herculean task I've set myself is to cut off a few pairs of pants and hand sew the new hem. It's my hope that his waist won't get too much bigger over the summer, and he can wear them next year too.
Kudo's to Persephone who borrowed Chasmyn's sewing machine, and did the job for me 2 years ago. He's still trying to squeeze into the size 10 slims she whipped out in mere seconds. Lord knows what he did with the $25 size 12's he should be wearing.
On a side note, the storm is so strong, my typing was interrupted to deal with the water dribbling in around the fuse box. That was a first! I think we'll be re-sealing around the house tomorrow. :)

I also had lots of good stuff happen today. We got the sofa out to the trash, and Burkes Tree and Landscaping called and dropped their bid on the tree. They'll take it out for $750 if we let them haul off the wood. They found someone who wants it. Yay! That's a $200 drop! They also bid a paltry $150 for stump grinding, so I might get my apple tree sooner than I had planned.

No comments: