Thursday, May 01, 2003

Meditation of the Week
This is an intensive soul search meditation. I tip my hat to Jon, who taught me this meditation ages ago. I haven't forgotten, Jon!

I used to start this meditation as I was going to sleep, consequently it took forever to get to the end. Jon wouldn't tell me how it ended, he always said, "You'll know."
I took the meditation farther than he had expected, and when I finished my soul search, I knew. I traced all the way back to my creation. Don't feel like you have to go that far.
Take it as far as you need to. You'll know when you're done.
There's a part of you that sits in you head and watches everything, right?
Start by noticing the you that sits and judges everything, holding up scorecards for your actions, or critiquing like life is a movie.
So there you are, looking out of your eyes. Your eyes are windows. Step back from those windows and turn around.
You're in an attic. This is where you store stuff. You may have boxes neatly labeled or clutter scattered haphazardly about. Maybe there's some cobwebs, or your grandma's old piano. Somewhere in this attic is a way down to the next floor.
Hang out in your head/attic if you need to. (that in and of itself is a good meditation to do when your thoughts are in disarray) When you're ready, find the exit and head down to the next level. You're in a house, and the house is your body. There are rooms and stairways and decorations and things. You can explore the rooms, or keep going, it's up to you.
Eventually, you will come to a door that is unlike any other. When you're ready, go through the special door. This door does not lead to another room in your house. It leads to somewhere else.

Give it a try. I'll tell you where my door led, if you go look through yours first.
-Sharon

No comments: