Thursday, June 30, 2005

If You're Looking

for juicy stuff, you won't find it here. Yes, someone wrote about me on their blog. I'm aware of it.

Instead I'm going to blog about my day.
I took my sister in law to the zoo, along with my son, and we hiked all over the place. We were there for 6 hours. I'd brought my new cane along in case I might need it. Boy, am I glad I did! Because I put it to good use.

I have a moderate sunburn, even though the zoo has a lot of shade. It was worth it because I got to spend time with my sister in law. The zoo has a new thing. For $10 you can buy a wristband that gets you into all the not-free attractions. (The St. Louis Zoo has free admission) So we rode the train, saw a movie, went on the new carousel, visited the insectorium, and took a virtual reality cruise across a volcanic island.
This is all stuff I never would have done on my own.
We also looked at lions and tigers and bears. The children's zoo (another wristband freebie)has a naked mole rat display. I didn't know they were so tiny. My sister in law has her P.H.D. in biology, and she taught us a lot today.

Yesterday was spent at a big to-do for my (step?)father in law. It was kind of strange to sit near people I've seen on TV. I don't want to talk too much about my (step)father in law. He's an amazing man, but he's also a rather private man. I'm glad that I have the good fortune of knowing him.