Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I Secretly Read Knitting Blogs
.
Not very often, or I start having stash envy. Or worse yet, completed project envy.
I've been knitting since December and my total number of completed objects is:
Zero.

On the bright side, I have a number of demolished objects to be proud of. There was the skien of blue yarn that was almost a sweater sleeve, until Hunter cut his paw and bled all over it. There are a bunch of swatches knit with embroidery floss, all of them crooked and none of them the same size. There's a glittery gold um... thing, made when I was playing with increases and decreases. Oh! And my favorite! The variegated brown hat with kitten ears, that I tried to make for Chasmyn's baby to be. I knit for days, ripped it out and started over; knit for a week ripped it out and started over; knit until I had a hat; picked out the abundance of black cat hairs that I had knit into the hat along with the yarn... (sigh) Then I realized I had no idea how to add the ears.
So I stuffed it with catnip, tied the end closed, and gave the kitties a new toy.

Hey, wait! That means my completed projects number ONE!
Ha!

Anyway, go visit the Yarn Harlot for a great read. Then visit Knitters Without Borders. Consider doing without one thing this week, and donating the money to Doctors Without Borders. I don't need that $6 tin of stitch markers. I can use those 4mm jumprings I've had lying around since 1994.

No comments: