Saturday, June 11, 2005

Awesome Runs In The Family
.
Talk about going the extra mile. The hubby-man will buy me coffee at 9 o'clock... but my in-laws... wow.

THEY BOUGHT US A PAIR OF SEATS FROM BUSCH STADIUM!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you jealous?


You can come over and touch them in November.

Hee! I'm so excited!

On a side note, there's a guy who's trying to salvage all the arches from the top of the stadium.
I have so many memories. So many events I've attended. I went to the circus with my dad there. I went to the NL playoffs last year. *The only post-season game I've ever had the good fortune to attend. :)* I remember uniforms in robin's egg blue, ans seeing Ozzie Smith steal home. Twice. Mark Mc Guire coming up to bat and the stadium lighting up with camera flashes.
And Ozzy's final season. When the emotion that lives in the heart of St. Louis baseball fans spread across the nation, infecting everyone it touched with the need to give Ozzie a standing O at least once a game.
Thank you, fans of other teams. Thank you for loving one of our players as much as we do.

3 comments:

achromic said...

wha..... what? do you mean salvaging the arches? what? are you trying to say.... I'm not getting the point... you can't possible mean that the are gonna try and destroy the stadium? I mean you wouldn't just tell someone like that would you? You mean they bought you seats as in to see a game right? and they must be replacing the arches.... sure yea... that's it...

She Dances in Dragon said...

They don't tell you anything in California, do they? Yes, the Stadium is being torn down at the end of the season and replaced with something less unique. :(

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah - word to the wise? St. Louis isn't even on the radar as news in the West Coast.

So no, none of us over here had any idea that the stadium was being torn down.

We're too busy worrying about earthquakes and deforestation ;)