Sunday, March 09, 2003

I am looking at NASA's photos of Columbia's left wing, and reading an article about who showed up at a public meeting about the future of spaceflight.
When I think about the consequences of a war on Iraq, I grieve for them. None of the terrible things that will happen to them have happened yet, and I should be celebrating their lives instead of hurting over their future.
When I think about life without a continual push for progressive spaceflight, I itch all over inside! I feel the hairs standing up all over my body! Ayeee! (itch itch itch)
Look, I know there's shit going on all over the world. I know it sux to live in [pick a country], and we are all under a heavy burden of [choose a weight]. AND

There are moments in everyones life that make us great.
Entering a burning building to save a life. Standing before a tank in a public square- and dying for it. Hugging a child, hugging an adult, hugging a stranger, touching another. Sending a living being off this planet and BRINGING IT HOME AGAIN, not once not twice, but more than a thousand times! When did these things become cliche? These acts lift our heads from the muck and mire of our daily crap, and remind us that life covers the whole wide world!

Every time a craft leaves this planet, it brings us just a little closer to seeing this world as one big group of people, instead of a bunch of little groups of people -Buck

No comments: