Saturday, March 17, 2007

Birthing
.
Second Life really did eat me. Swallowed me whole.
In that alternate reality, the Hubby Man got a job as a dj. He worked at several clubs, and finally found a place to call home. We made pixel friends, danced to good music, became emotionally involved ... and then the club closed.
The people we'd come to know and love had nowhere to go. The place had been so great, that no where else could compare.

So, several of us got together and within the space of a week, built a club from scratch. Last night was our grand opening. It was wonderful. And exhausting.
Like giving birth, you go through stages. There's the "Ow, contraction, I'm kind of scared and kind of excited... I'm having a BABY!" phase. Then there's the transition phase, where it's just you and your pain. And then it's time to push. All 5 of us pushed like crazy. And now we're looking at this baby we've given birth to, and don't know where it puts us.

We built it for everybody. And we wanted to build a place that felt like home. we succeeded. Now we have to keep it going, even though each of us had taxed ourselves to the limit. And even though each of us had real life things happening too.

Sometimes I think I have everything under control, and that belief takes over and controls me. My friends and business partners suffered because of it. And that really sucks.


And, because it's St. Patrick's day, me and my red hair are staying in the house. Ans I'm wearing purple. Nyeah.

No comments: