Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Blogging The Vote
.
Scavenged from blogs around the nation: *note* the "..." means I cut part of the story. Each tale has a link to the full blog entry.

This morning, at around 7:05 a.m., I went to my local voting place ... Sure enough, in the few minutes I was there--and remember, this is just after the polls have opened--there was a problem with one of the machines supposedly not having enough paper to confirm the electronic voting! ... As I left, a line was starting to form.

Early voting in five states showed that voters' choice are being flipped to the opposite candidate on all four major e-voting machines — Diebold TSx, Sequoia Edge, ES&S iVotronic, and Hart InterCivic eSlate.

Voting problems, voter excitement, voter patience -- and getting out the vote
by Joe in DC - 11/07/2006 11:48:00 AM

*Computer problems delayed the start of voting in Delaware County, Indiana.
*Programming errors and inexperience dealing with electronic voting machines frustrated poll workers in hundreds of precincts early Tuesday, delaying voters in Indiana, Ohio and Florida and leaving some with little choice but to use paper ballots instead.
*UNBELIEVABLE turnout at my precinct in Alexandria. It's 8:30 and there are at least 150 in line.
*I feel sorry for the voters of Maryland. The polls opened at 7:00 am, so we got there at 6:55. Nothing happened til 7:15 when the poll workers began to process voters. There was only one computer to check in voters. It was a very, very slow process....
*Also, while I was driving to work, there was an enormous line outside of the public library on Arlington Blvd. I hope that voters stay patient!

No comments: