Sunday, October 29, 2006

Breakfast Adventures
.
L had a friend spend the night, and I have a sore throat, so I wanted to make something soft for breakfast. I didn't want to hassle with homemade pancakes. (no box mix for me, thankyouverymuch.) So I made omelette-things. I was going for crepes, but I don't really know what exactly a crepe is. I assumed it involved eggs, cream and sugar. So I beat 6 eggs, added some milk and some heavy cream, to thin it; then I added a little bit of sugar.
I poured some of the mix in the skillet, and discovered that it sticks more than I'd like. So I cooked that up and ate it, washed the skillet, and tried it again with after melting some butter in the skillet. That worked great. I poured a thin egg pancake, let it cook a bit, then sprinkled in some parsley. I folded it in thirds and flipped it over. It seemed something was missing, so I sprinkled some coarse grain sea salt on top. Yummy!
For the friend spending the night, I did the same thing, but added cheese (he likes cheese) and used fine grain sea salt instead of coarse. I put more cheese on top.

About this time, my son came into the kitchen, so I had him try it. He did not like it at all. He thought I had ruined decently edible eggs by adding that half teaspoon of sugar.
Well, nothing to be done about it now. So I used the egg mix to make 2 more flat omelettes with cheese and salt. I even added some pepper. I gave one to my hubby and one to the friend, which left two for me.
I bit into the first one and realised that I had not made crepes at all. I'd made quiche. Crustless quiche with no veggies or meat in it.
Now I like quiche, so I ate until I was full. But nobody else cared for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Yeah, crepes are more like pancakes, only really thin batter.

If you like eggy pancakes, want more protein, you can make a batter with eggs, a banana, cashews, vanilla and baking soda. It tastes to me like the real thing. MBD loves them with syrup but I eat them plain.

And...GO CARDINALS!!!!!! WOOT!!!!

She Dances in Dragon said...

Mmm. That sounds really good! I'd eat 'em plain too.

Yeah! The Cards finally won thw World Series! Woot woot woot!