Friday, September 15, 2006

Good News, Better News
.
My mom (a real estate agent) is listing a house in her neighborhood. The owner had remodeled the kitchen, which means there was a free dishwasher up for grabs. So after 16 years of marriage, we own a mechanical dishwasher! Woo!

But wait! There's more! Installing the dishwasher required the removal of a cabinet and a set of drawers. The removal left bits of shrapnel all over the kitchen. We thought we'd gotten it all with the shopvac and a broom; but one lone screw was left behind. I stepped on it tonight.
But see, that's a good thing; because I stepped on it with the numb part of my foot -And I felt it!

Of course, I thought I'd stepped on a blunt piece of cat food rather than a sharp screw... but the important thing is that I did feel it.

1 comment:

Roberta S said...

It was great to discover your joy over your dishwasher and the good news that you no longer have numbness in your foot. All great news.

Forgive me for being so indulgent in your space, but your thoughts made me want to tell you a comical incident that happened yesterday. Dog flatly refuses to eat any dry dog food. But last night Hub scattered some on the floor in the entryway. Dog stepped on one and hurt his foot. He began to limp away, then suddenly changed his mind and began to methodically eat every single crumble. Did he enjoy his meal? I don't think so but he somehow realized the danger to his feet if the mess wasn't cleaned up.