Tuesday, June 10, 2003

It hurts so much right now. This post is all about my personal hurt, and my overwhelming grief for my best friend. I couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't stop my brain from running in all directions. I probably drove Hubby up a wall with how often I got out of bed. I didn't really want to sleep anyway.

We sat outside, surrounded by tiki torches and cut wood rom the tree, and talked about what a beacon of light Quinn has always been. We sat and cried, we sat in quiet shock. I sat instead of running to the hospital and holding my friend. There is no magic for grief, so I sit and send my love, because that's all I have.

I propose a toast to The Mighty Quinn, King of the Wild Things, lover of heavy machinery on wheels, and keeper of the mommy hair. Thank you for sharing your time here with so many.
I also propose a toast to Chasmyn and her wonderful Hubby. You have shared every step of your road with Quinn, and it has made me a better person. Your strength reminds me to be strong, your willingness to take the harder path awakened me to the value of having a fighting chance. Your limitless love of your amazing son showed me how to let love in. I know you didn't do any of these things for me, and I thank you.

If any avid readers out there find this page, let me tell you I hope you have someone in your life as awesome as Chasmyn. I love you, and I'll always be here for you.

No comments: